Rachel Castle’s warm, sunny prints never fail to brighten up a space. There’s a reason she’s a long-time TDF favourite! Whether it’s a two-toned blanket or a patterned woven-knit throw, her fun and bubbly designs are a tonic to cold, winter days.
Victoria’s St Albans Textiles was established in 1951, and has remained in the same family ever since. The local heritage brand produces blankets, throws and knitted products from responsibly-sourced natural fibres in perfectly balanced, colourful palettes.
Every uimi textile is designed and manufactured in Thornbury in Melbourne’s north. Their range of merino wool and cotton blankets come in modern geometric prints or more traditional cable-stitch knitted throws. We especially love the patchwork merino Frankie blanket.
The wild, patterned world of Sage + Clare blankets are rivalled in comfort only by their own plush bedcovers! From crocheted geometric throws to striped knitted blankets, their lush, heavy textures are always fun and lighthearted.
Marc Hendrick is an Australian in America showcasing emerging and established artists via his design platform, Slowdown Studio. The Los Angeles-based brand produces statement blankets adorned with the work of artists from around the world and woven from American-grown cotton. Slowdown Studio blankets and throws can be purchased locally at Jardan!
Located just 120km outside Melbourne, Creswick Woollen Mills makes its products with natural fibres. The company produces traditional, timeless textiles with an emphasis on quality, delivering an understated and sophisticated option for blanket-buyers.
Waverley Mills is Australia’s oldest operating textile mill (it was founded in 1874!) . Using locally-sourced wool, alpaca and cotton, the Tasmanian brand uses only natural and biodegradable fibres. On the sustainability side, their growing recycled blanket range offers wool blankets and throws crafted from unused and excess yarn salvaged through their manufacturing process.
Seljak burst onto the blanket scene in 2016 with their industry-changing closed loop design. With the choice between fringe or whipstitch hems, and from a range of muted, earthy colours, these zero-waste, totally recycled textiles feel good on your skin and are good for the earth. Each blanket is made from at least 70% recycled merino or lambswool and the remaining 30% comprises of mohair, cotton or alpaca. They even took out the Sustainability award at our inaugural Design Awards last year!
Bemboka is the ultimate maker of proper grown up textiles. Their sophisticated knits are woven from bamboo, cotton, merino and Angora, and come in muted, restrained colours like charcoal and oyster. It’s hard to go past the lush rib knit or textured moss stitch…